Tuesday, October 26, 2010

God's will for me

God has laid something pretty big on both mine and my husband's hearts recently. I am both excited and nervous, yet wanting to embrace it. Not wanting to get in over my head was my first fear, but after praying about it and asking the Lord for HIS will (not mine), I received some pretty straight-forward answers the very next day. Phew! Amazing how quickly God answers prayers sometimes. I love to describe myself as a mommy to 3 very sweet and adorable little boys and a wife to a wonderful Christian man, but I think the best way to describe myself is a Christian who desires to glorify Him. I don't live up to that description often enough, but Christ IS the One whom I desire to be most like and He is the Center of our home. I have been so blessed with the husband and children I have and I don't take the responsibilities I have been given lightly.

I am a New Jersey native, and have been living in the beautiful state of VA on and off since 2001. I moved to Georgia in '04 after meeting my husband in a non-conventional kinda way, but after trusting God completely (and I mean completely), I have been blessed beyond measure. We married in April of 2005 and had our first baby 1 year later. Four months following, we moved to VA to be closer to our family and havn't left since. We love raising our family of boys here amongst our dearly loved family, friends and church congegration. 

Photography has become a great hobby of mine since I have had my own children. Though I can remember as far back as my elementary years where I really enjoyed taking pictures of family, friends, even the dogs. Today, its all about the kids ... my own kids, friends, church, family. One frequently doesn't see me without my camera in hand. I love candid photography and I so enjoy capturing memories in nearly everything we do. My goal in this new venture of mine is to photograph children/families/loved ones who are truly in need and unable to afford professional photography. I will not be charging anything. However, if someone desires to give something, I would ask them to donate to Calvary Chapel Fluvanna ... our church fellowship which is constantly giving and serving our community ... or a ministry of your choice. I am not a pro by any means, but I have a great DSLR camera that takes wonderful photos and I am also learning to express my creativity through photography. I am still learning and growing in my talent and will continue to as the years pass. My prayer is that I am able to provide lasting memories to families and be a blessing to those in need.


1 comment:

  1. I hope this all works out the way you & God have planned, of course with him leading the way you should do great! I look forward watching you grow as a photographer & think your ministry is wonderful. As I mentioned before, if you need any help, please do not hesitate to call or email. Peace, Dottie

    ReplyDelete