Monday, January 3, 2011

A very special family!

Today, I was blessed with getting some family portraits (and some fun ones at that) of a very dear person to me. Her daughter has been in town visiting from the South with her little boy, so we took full advantage of the sunny day the Lord provided. It was a blessed time for all of us! These past few weeks have been such a time of restoration and healing for her family. Praise God! Sadly, my friend's husband is overseas visiting his kids and so we missed him dearly, but we'll just have to do another photo shoot someday with him in it! This special lady has not only been a friend since my "single" days, but she was very instrumental in my return to faith. When I purchased my very first home in central VA back in 2001, I met her in the process and we formed an immediate bond/friendship. I was not attending church or reading my bible or even praying regularly, yet I always believed - in a superficial kind of way - God was very much at the bottom of my "important" list. She had invited me to church on a number of occasions, yet I worked on the weekends and just didn't want/need to make the time for it. I finally caved in and went one morning after having worked all night and this is truly what I call the beginning of my real Christian walk and return to faith. I became born again and it was truly a miraculous time and one in which brought forth so many blessings. Ms. L was an amazing friend throughout this time ... she prayed for me and with me and she never ceased to share her faith and the love Jesus had for me, which I so needed. I became close with her family and constantly seeked her wisdom, which she had a lot of! I joined a bible study, got baptized and in the process, I met my husband, who was the very first Christian I had ever dated. Talk about God-ordained!!! I knew almost instantaneously that God brought this man into my life for a reason. We have been so blessed and we are so happy to be back in the beautiful state of VA! So, thanks to you, Ms. L, for blessing my life with your friendship, the gift of your wisdom and the love of Jesus Christ. I hope you guys love the pictures! :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment