Wednesday, March 23, 2011

YUMMY and FUN!

Lately, it seems like our days have been so jam-packed with stuff to do, be it sports practice, speech therapy, school work, errands, re-organizing our entire upstairs, doctor's appointments, etc ... I guess that comes with the territory of being parents of young children and pregnant with baby #4! We've certainly been blessed with some gorgeous weather, too, which has meant lots of fun playtime outside with family and friends. Today is no exception, especially since Daddy is taking a 1/2 day from work. YAY! We came home from speech this morning, got busy with school work, and then we decided to do something fun, nutritious, even educational - homemade carrot cupcakes with a lemony icing. Yum! :) We worked on counting, did some simple measurements and made it into some fun learning time, too! The boys had a blast helping Mommy though my kitchen looked like a disaster zone by the time we were finished, though they helped me clean up and load the dishwasher without a complaint! Probably because they knew what the end result would be ... yummy cupcakes. :) In all seriousness, they really are some wonderful helpers as they know that helping/chores are simply a part of being in this family. Since my boys are carrot lovers and I'm always on the lookout for healthy recipes, I came upon this particular one in my quest for nutritious recipes. I've also started meal planning and preparing month long meal calendars which has been helping me tremendously. I've fallen in love with Ellie Krieger's recipes ... they're nutritious, delicious, and I've never had a flop. If anyone is interested in the snack I made today, let me know ... I'd be happy to share. They are super yummy and something I'm hopeful my husband will even eat since he's on a super health kick with all the crazy athletic training he's doing in preparation for an upcoming triathalon. And I don't mean that in a negative light .... I wish I had half of his determination and motivation. He truly amazes me! Maybe I'll be right there with him someday .... or maybe not? In the meantime, I'll continue to work on feeding my family in healthy, fun, and nutritious ways! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment