Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lake Monticello Karate Academy!

My husband and kids (and I guess myself, too, being the mom of all these kiddos) have been quite involved with Lake Monticello Karate Academy for a few years now. To say we have been impressed with the owners, athletes and kids/adults who work there is truly an understatement! My husband began working with Team Intense (their competition team) awhile back on endurance training, strength and conditioning several nights a week. He's a Physical Therapist and has been for years so this is right up his alley. He loves it and I think he's really been making a difference in these kids lives. I was asked to come along with him tonight (along with our 2 oldest boys who begged to come along with me) to capture some pictures of Team Intense in action and doing their thing. WOW is all I can say! Dedication, perseverance, strength, respect - each of these kids were awesome, in every way! Robbie and Daniel watched in amazement and I think they got a kick out of watching their Daddy coach, too. I captured some great memories that I thought would be neat to share. Karate is NOT about fighting like so many folks think ... it has so many amazing benefits that I'm already beginning to see in my 4 year old. We feel so blessed to be a part of LMKA and I'm quite cetain my own kids will be on Team Intense some day, when they're a bit older! Maybe even our little girl ... still sounds strange saying that! Thanks to everyone who has been so generous in their donations of girl clothes .... seeing pink everywhere is getting me that much more excited to meet her and welcome a precious baby girl into our family of boys! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment